Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome to the Columbus Farmers' Market Blog!

Like many others in Central Ohio, I love summer for all the farmers' markets (among other reasons). Deciding that buying from the farmers' markets might be a healthier and economical option, I googled "Columbus, OH Farmers' Markets" hoping to find a comprehensive website highlighting all the great markets the greater Columbus area has to offer. 

I learned there was no such thing. 

Surprised by this,  I started asking around, I found that nearly every suburb hosts farmers' markets in the summer, yet in order to find them, you have to search each one individually.

This is a task I felt was worth undertaking. 
Hence, this blog was born!

The goal here is to make finding a farmers' market as easy as possible. Whether you discover there is one just down the block from your house or another that you pass to and from work, this blog is about getting the information out there with out the hassle of repeated searching.


Please feel free to shoot me an email if there are markets left off the list, or if you just have a cool farmers' market story to share!

Welcome to the Columbus Farmers' Markets Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Here is a pretty good and often updated list.
    http://www.local-matters.org/fresh-connect/fc-search/farmers_market

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for your comment! I hope this blog can provide comprehensive info about the Columbus Markets.

    ReplyDelete